Bylaw, Compliance and Enforcement Officer
Cultus Lake Park
Bylaw, Compliance and Enforcement OfficerCultus Lake Park
The Cultus Lake Park community is a vibrant, thriving community that has 487 residential leased lots, 21 commercial businesses and Sunnyside Campground (with close to 600 campsites). It is estimated that two to three million people visit the Park between Victoria Day weekend in May and Labour Day weekend in September.
We are inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the full-time position of Bylaw, Compliance and Enforcement Officer. This position will work closely with the Manager of Visitor Services, Accommodations and Bylaw Enforcement.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Post-Secondary education in Criminology and/or have completed the Bylaw Enforcement & Investigative Skills course Level 1 and level 2 (desired); or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Working knowledge of inspectional and investigative work;
- Must be able to quickly acquire a superior knowledge of the bylaws and regulations of Cultus Lake Park and the applicable sections of the Local Government Act, Community Charter and Cultus Lake Park Act.
- Must be proficient in the latest computer technology and programs;
- Ability to deal diplomatically with the public, using a courteous and tactful, yet firm manner;
- Must inspect property, issue warnings and municipal tickets;
- Assist in the administration of business licences, prepare correspondence and reports and make recommendations on enforcement of Park bylaws.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with lease holders, contractors, elected officials and staff;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including skills in conflict resolution;
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and clear drivers abstract.
- Must complete a criminal record check.
The hourly rate of pay for this unionized position is between $31.00 per hour (Step 1) to $36.00 per hour (Step 4) (2020 rates). Upon successful completion of the required six-month probationary period a comprehensive benefit package will be provided.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2020-01 and send in confidence by 4:30 p.m. on January 28, 2020 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Cultus Lake Park 4165 Columbia Valley Highway
Cultus Lake, BC V2R 5B5