Village of Delia
The Village Of Delia, a progressive area with a strong sense of community and family is seeking a Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). Situated between Drumheller and Hanna along highway #9, Delia is a friendly, safe and progressive community. We are nestled at the base of the Hand Hills, known as the highest point in Canada between the Rocky Mountains and the Canadian Shield. Your role as our Chief Administrative Officer will be an integral part of growing our Community.
The CAO is the administrative head of the municipality, ensuring that the policies and programs of the municipality are implemented and advises and informs council on the operation of the Village. The CAO performs the duties, functions and exercises the powers assigned by the Village and other legislation and has a strong knowledge of the Municipal Government Act (MGA).
If you are ready to take on an exciting and challenging administrative leadership role, here is your opportunity.
These are just some of the responsibilities you have:
- Prepare annual budget, control expenditures, optimize various revenue sources and ensure cost effective operations are implemented and maximized;
- As our administrative leader you will provide appropriate advice, background information and briefing materials to the Mayor and Council in carrying out their range of responsibilities;
- Advise Council of the provisions of relevant legislation affecting its decisions;
- Develop and maintain an effective organizational structure for the municipal staff that reflects operational needs and is directed towards accomplishing the objectives that Council has established;
- Plan, manage and evaluate the use of the available human and material resources, provided in the budgets approved by Council;
- Represent the municipality with citizens, community groups, developers, commercial interest and with Provincial and Federal government agencies;
- Provide liaison with other authorities and contractors providing public services within the Village of Delia;
- Establish positive working relationships with municipalities within the Starland County region, regional commissions, and relevant municipal associations;
- Establish positive working relationships with officials of the provincial and federal government as required;
- Promote and facilitate open, effective relationships with ratepayers/citizens;
- Establish partnership communication with local stakeholders;
- Develop for approval of Council, comprehensive employee policies and programs covering the selection, compensation, development, retention, appraisals and placement of Village employees;
- Provide positive leadership and mentorship to administration.
The successful candidate will have a minimum 3 years of a proven track record in municipal operations, with excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills, and hold a certificate in Local Government Administration or equivalent experience and/or education. Exposure to implementing development plans, capital works and infrastructure programs will be an asset.
To learn more about Delia, please visit our website: www.delia.ca
February 14, 2020
Interested applicants are requested to submit their resumes marked Confidential to:
Council - CAO Recruitment
Village of Delia
Delia, AB T0J0W0
or by email to: David Sisley, Mayor (email@example.com)
We are committed to maintain an equitable work environment and welcome submissions from all applicants. We thank applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.