Closing Date: January 21, 2020
At the City of Kamloops, we are focused on creating the highest levels of service excellence, based on an organization-wide community culture that celebrates our employees who make it all happen. We are known as Canada’s Tournament Capital and are famous for our hospitality and community spirit, traits that make us a leader! Recreation, sports, arts and culture, health care, social activities, volunteerism, and affordable housing all meld to form a unique blend of big city amenities with small-town ambience. This is Kamloops!
Let’s make Kamloops shine! Join our team today.
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a Permanent, Full-Time Pipefitter/Layer with the City of Kamloops! If you are a hard working individual with experience in the installation and repair of storm sewers, sanitary sewers, domestic and commercial water lines, this is the position for you.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Reviewing daily work schedules and coordinating the required parts and materials needed to complete the assigned work.
- Reviewing grade sheets, as-builts, and blueprints, and determining the location of underground utilities.
- Installing, repairing, and maintaining water, sewer and drainage infrastructure.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of senior secondary school or its equivalent
- BC EOCP Level I Certificate in:
- Water Distribution Systems; and
- Wastewater Collection Systems
- Valid BC Driver's Licence - Class 3 with air brakes endorsement
- Minimum 24 months' previous experience in the installation, maintenance, and/or repair of water distribution, sewer collection, or drainage infrastructure
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check. A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
Hours & Days of Work
Monday to Friday
7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Summer)
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Winter)
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Civic Operations -> Utility Services
Utility Services Supervisor - Construction
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.