The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
CUPE 825 (Outside)
# of Vacancies
January 6 - 24, 2020
The City of Port Moody has a one year, temporary full-time opportunity for an experienced and hard-working individual to provide labour assistance and perform basic maintenance work. Duties include operating a variety of small equipment, vehicles, performing related construction duties, as well as emergency work, while following operational and safety procedures.
This is routine manual work entailing considerable physical effort and agility in the safe performance of a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks such as maintenance and construction of roads, pavements, sewers, waterworks and parks. The Labourer will drive and operate a variety of equipment on construction and landscape sites. This position also assists with emergency maintenance and repairs.
Temporary full-time for approximately one year, dependent on operational requirements. Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to receipt of a satisfactory police information check and a satisfactory driver’s abstract. Please submit your application online @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Grade 12 education plus a minimum of six months job-related experience including:
- Experience using a various types of machinery on construction and landscape sites
- Experience in the maintenance and construction of roads, sewers, waterworks and parks
- Experience with traffic control, snow removal, flood control and other emergency response
- Ability to operate a variety of small equipment safely and efficiently
- Sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License
- Class 3 with Air Endorsement is an asset
State/Province British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly
$27.45 - $29.54
Compensation & Benefits Overview
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.