Resource Recovery Operations Coordinator
Resource Recovery Operations CoordinatorFull Time, Benefitted
Regional District of Central Kootenay - Nelson, BC
The Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK), is accepting applications for the position of Resource Recovery Operations Coordinator.
The Resource Recovery Operations Coordinator provides technical, operational and administrative support to assist in the operations of Resource Recovery services, facilities and programs throughout the Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK). Reporting to the Resource Recovery Operations Supervisor (RROS), this position will be responsible for a variety of activities such as coordination of site maintenance and repairs, staff orientation, training and program roll-outs, administration of safety program, data collection and management, completing compliance inspections of RDCK facilities, procurement and contract management.
The successful applicant will work a 35-hour work week, and will be provided with a generous benefits and vacation package, including pension. A flexible work week that regularly includes weekends and participation in the Resource Recovery On-Call Program is a requirement of this position.
This exciting opportunity is based in the beautiful city of Nelson BC, world-class recreational playground with all the comforts of today's amenities and lots of exciting things to do and see year round. This community offers all the benefits of small town living, boasts a strong and diverse economy and thriving business sector, has convenient access to parks, great schools and health care services, and is located just a few hours away from major city centers. Locals enjoy a wide range of recreational opportunities including cultural events and theatre, skiing, hiking, biking, much more!
For more information about the RDCK, visit www.rdck.ca
Thank you for your interest in working with the Regional District of Central Kootenay.
All submissions will be acknowledged although only those individuals shortlisted to participate in the interview/testing process will be contacted again.
This posting may be used to fill other similar positions within the RDCK over the next six months.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 year technical diploma in a related field.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience working in the administration and operation of municipal solid waste services, utilities services, environmental management or related field.
- Experience in the supervision of contracted services.
An acceptable equivalent combination of related work experience and education with strengths in waste management operations would be considered.
- Experience using Microsoft office suite program and creating reports.
- Valid Class 5 BC Drivers License and satisfactory drivers abstract.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the application and interpretation of Federal, Provincial and Local Government Act, regulations, guidelines and best practices governing solid waste management and other environmental programs and issues
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate activities with staff, contractors, consultants and the public to ensure compliance
- Ability to adhere to prescribed routine, work without direct supervision, exercise good judgment and to adjust priorities under changing field conditions.
- Ability to work independently within a consultative, teamwork approach
- Ability to prepare, read and understand technical documents including operation and maintenance manuals, construction specifications a d drawings, survey maps and other plans.
- Ability to perform manual work and be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions and in environments with exposure to unpleasant substances and materials.
This posting, along with a detailed job description outlining the complete required qualifications and the variety of roles and responsibilities included in this role, can be found on our website at www.rdck.ca under Administration, Jobs & Employment Opportunities. Applications in the form of a resume and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience relative to the position will be accepted by Human Resources at the email address below until 8:00am on Tuesday, January 28, 2020.
Human Resources, Regional District of Central Kootenay
Box 590, 202 Lakeside Drive, Nelson, BC V1L 5R4
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: (250) 352-1546