Be a part of something great!
Competition File #: 20-U010
Web Site: tol.ca
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Financial Analyst to join our team of professionals in the Finance Division; Financial Services Department. Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning, you will be responsible in this unionized position for maintaining general ledger and budget files.
- Assists departments in preparing budget submissions and reviews that adherence to municipal policy and regulatory requirements
- Assists departments in identifying needs for financial data and financial forecasting models and providing same as required
- Assists a superior and other departments in the development and maintenance of the municipality’s long-term financial plans and in the preparation of related forecasting models for use in analyzing municipal financing issues
- Prepares year-end adjustments and working papers for use by the municipality’s auditors as required
- Analyzes a variety of data and prepares financial, statistical and analytical reports and related invoices and correspondence as required
- Prepares reports for senior management on matters such as project cost effectiveness and alternative funding sources
- Completion of a professional accounting designation plus at least three years post qualification experience in municipal accounting and finance, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Considerable knowledge of methods, rules and regulations applicable to municipal accounting operations and budgeting
- Ability to recommend changes to computer applications to accomplish work-related objectives
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of municipal staff and with various outside contacts
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
- Registration in a recognized professional accounting society
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $38.73 - $45.73 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 14, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 20, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview