Management / Administration
City of Medicine Hat
An exciting opportunity exists for an innovative, visionary, selfstarter possessing a strong business and financial acumen to join a commercially focused organizational unit called Invest Medicine Hat (IMH) as the Managing Director. Reporting directly to the CAO and maintaining a high profile in the business community, you will engage and lead a team of professionals to build and execute business plans aligned with Council priorities, Senior Administration direction and aimed at achieving medium and long term performance in economic development, real estate and marketing strategic results.
IMH’s Managing Director is a key strategic leader within the City, the local community and region. Working with the City’s Executive, the Advisory Group, the IMH Team and other key stakeholders, the Managing Director plans and executes strategy, drives performance and fosters trust within the business community toward the City’s economic development objectives. IMH serves as a uniquely branded, key component of the City’s strategy to promote, enable and facilitate economic vitality and community vibrancy. Through a comprehensive and multi-faceted approach to land development & sales, economic development, and marketing & communications, IMH lives the values of a well-governed community of choice and opportunity, instilling confidence in residents, businesses, senior levels of Government and investors. By demonstrating and capitalizing on the City’s “open-for-business” reputation and leveraging considerable real estate holdings, IMH leads in the efforts toward achieving a healthy economic environment and facilitating conversion of opportunities generated into actual investment in the community. The Managing Director is responsible for achieving measurable results within the overall strategic direction and for leadership of the IMH team in ensuring IMH is poised to capitalize on strengths and opportunities within this region while continually striving to address weaknesses and threats to the City’s economic vitality.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, commerce, economics, business, international relations or related field from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Ten (10) years of success progressive experience in business, contract development, investment, financial strategies, real estate, market and sales or similar in which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated;
- Successful completion of a Master’s degree in a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution would be considered an asset;
- Proven strategic approach and capability to systematically achieve objectives;
- Demonstrated business background where focus has been on performance relative to established metrics;
- Strong collaborator and consensus builder with excellent communication skills;
- Confident decision-maker with proven ability to work with various stakeholders to adapt approaches to fit unique circumstances;
- A management approved equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Closing Date: March 20, 2020
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to:
Human Resources Department
City ofMedicine Hat
Suite 101, 505 First Street SE
Medicine Hat T1A 0A9
Fax (403) 525-8870
This posting will remain open until March 20, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.