Functional Application Analyst 2
City of Surrey
Functional Application Analyst 2 (Data Analysis and Reporting)
To support the Planning and Development Data-Driven Decision-Making program, the city is looking to supplement our Business Improvement Team, a Functional Application Analyst 2 with focus on data analysis and reporting. The incumbent is the primary expert with Power BI and will provide leadership, analysis, guidance, support and training to provide insights out of the city’s Land Management System (AMANDA). Considerable judgment, problem solving ability and expertise is required to develop solutions to operations issues arising out of the system that could have a serious impact to the City. In addition, the incumbent considers the business implications of applying information technology within the business area, and, through research and fact finding, combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements, participates in formulating the scope and objectives of business systems.
- Provide training, support and expertise in data-driven analytics (Power BI).
- Perform coding and data modeling on the AMANDA application using PL/SQL.
- As the primary source of contact, responds to, investigates, prioritizes and resolves integrated administrative, technical, or. operating problems within the functional end user base using standard methodologies and procedures, interpreting or adapting as situations and problems arise.
- Acts as a liaison with IT for all system issues raised by the functional users that require IT involvement and manages the resolution of all issues.
- Assumes key role in the future development of the system by participating in development of business cases, taking business unit lead role in needs identification, defining requirements, assisting with development of work break down structure and project plans, and assumes key business unit role in testing and implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in an acceptable related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution, plus 3 years of directly related and relevant experience, preferably in a municipal setting; OR
- Diploma in an acceptable related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution, plus 5 years of directly related and relevant experience, preferably in a municipal setting; OR
- Technical courses in the field plus 7 years of directly related and relevant experience, preferably in a municipal setting.
- Knowledge of AMANDA, Power BI or dashboarding tools are considered assets.
- Strong ability to manage data and perform analysis.
- Strong knowledge and ability to code in SQL and use of reporting tools.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Effectively able to work within a team environment and maintain working relationships.
- This position involves completion of a Police Information Check.
This posting closes on January 31, 2020
Apply online at www.surrey.ca/careers