Infrastructure Administrator #66
Closing Date: January 17, 2020
At the City of Kamloops, we are focused on creating the highest levels of service excellence, based on an organization-wide community culture that celebrates our employees who make it all happen. We are known as Canada’s Tournament Capital and are famous for our hospitality and community spirit, traits that make us a leader! Recreation, sports, arts and culture, health care, social activities, volunteerism, and affordable housing all meld to form a unique blend of big city amenities with small-town ambience. This is Kamloops!
Let’s make Kamloops shine! Join our team today.
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a permanent, full-time Infrastructure Administrator at the City of Kamloops! The Infrastructure Administrator will implement, manage and maintain many aspects of the City’s infrastructure, including desktops, laptops, servers, storage, VOIP system, network devices, Exchange, Active Directory, Office 365, and physical, virtual, and cloud/hybrid environments.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Networking (Switching/Routing/Firewalls).
- Managing Server Lifecycle.
- Exchange, Office365 administration.
- Cloud deployment and Security.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of a Computer Science or Computer Engineering diploma.
- CCNA, CCNP, or higher certification such as CCIE or must obtain certification within four (4) months of start date.
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s licence.
- Minimum three years’ previous experience combined in network administration and systems administration.
A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check.
40.87 - This rate of pay takes effect on January 1st, 2020.
Hours & Days of Work
Monday to Friday:
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (winter)
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (summer)
*Shift can be changed as follows up to a maximum of five times per month: 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.