The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies
December 19 - January 7, 2019
The City of Port Moody has an exciting opportunity for an Auxiliary Theatre Coordinator to coordinate the non-technical activities of the Theatre and to act as the first point of contact for Theatre clients.
This position will meet with potential clients to assess requirements, provide tours of facilities, and administer contracts for Inlet Theatre and Galleria rentals. The Theatre Coordinator will collect promotional information, ensure Bistro is stocked and cleaned in preparation for events, and process revenue generated from rentals (balance, post, bank deposit and reporting). This position is responsible for Theatre ticket management, determining event staff requirements for Front of House and Bistro, and for scheduling, training and providing guidance to this staff. The Theatre Coordinator will also be responsible for security guard scheduling and additional administrative duties as required.
This is an Auxiliary (on-call) position that may provide coverage as needed to backfill the absence of a regular employee. Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check. Please apply online @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Grade 12 completion, and 6 months of post-secondary courses in theatre management, event coordination or related field
- Two years of related experience coordinating theatre and theatre rental activities, ticket management, and theatre staff
- Cash handling experience
- Box office management
- Knowledge of insurance, liquor laws and risk management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Comfortable with MS Office and a variety of software
- Demonstrated ability for excellent attention to detail in combination with an ability to multi-task
- Basic event management experience or training would be an asset
- Social media experience would be an asset
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly
$30.66 - $32.99
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Plus 12% in lieu.