Municipal District of Opportunity
Permanent Full Time
MD of Opportunity No. 17 is currently accepting applications for the position of Finance Officer. This position will be located in Wabasca and is a permanent full-time position with a 36.25 hour work week (7.25 hours per day) Monday to Friday. This position will report to the Finance Controller.
While assisting the Finance Controller, the main duties of this position will be:
- Assist in operating and capital budget preparation and maintenance;
- Bank and investment accounts reconciliation;
- GL reconciliations and budget variance analysis;
- Preparation of month-end reports for Council and reports for other departments;
- Preparation of year-end working papers;
- Maintaining capital projects (filing, balancing and reporting);
- Prepare reports for invoicing various granting agencies;
- Provide technical assistance to financial and administrative clerks as required;
- Assist in RFD, financial by-laws, and policy drafting;
- Prepare agendas and documents for Finance Committee, and take minutes;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Finance Controller.
Requirements for this position are:
- Grade 12 Diploma;
- Post-Secondary Degree in business related field, majoring in accounting;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Effective interpersonal and organization skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Mature individual with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Evidence of successfully passing a police Criminal Record Check.
The salary range for this position is $70,986 - $99,236 per annum. MD of Opportunity No. 17 offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Interested persons are invited to forward resumes and applications to:
Loretta Beaver, Human Resources Manager
MD of Opportunity No. 17
Box 60, Wabasca, AB, T0G 2K0
Phone: 780.891.3778 Fax: 780.891.4283
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.