- Full-time Permanent
Are you passionate about bringing common financial analysis and methodologies to your employer? Do you believe in the strength of presenting financial information to key City decision makers, including City Council? Want to work with a dynamic and highly engaged team of talented professionals who are making a difference? If you answered yes to these questions, we are looking for you!
This Financial Analyst position reports to the CFO, however given the project nature of this role, the Financial Analyst may receive specific direction from various City managers on initiatives, the project leader, asset and amenity management, the Controller and the Budget Analyst on specific initiatives.
This position is critical to bringing common financial analysis and methodologies to City initiatives. Most immediately, the Financial Analyst will play a key role in on the Council's Priority of Asset and Amenity Management.
The Financial Analyst will also be critical in developing common financial analysis approaches and ways to present financial information to key City decision makers, including City Council, to strengthen evidence-based decision making.
- Provide policy and financial analytics in support of the development, maintenance and update of financial and other City policies.
- Make recommendations to senior management on priority corporate and Council initiatives based on financial analytics and application of City policies.
- Provide financial analysis and review of funding options for the City's Asset and Amenity Management Steering Committee.
- Work with City departments to create a standard Citywide methodology for financial implications presented to Council.
- Work with City departments to find innovative ways of funding amenities and delivering services;
- Develop, monitor and analyze performance metrics, financial data and benchmarks to establish the cost efficiency and effectiveness of services.
- Measurement reporting, including linking the City's Business Plans to performance metrics, budgets and Departmental work plans.
- Assist client departments in identifying opportunities to increase process accountability, transparency and value for money.
- Create a standard Citywide methodology for benchmarking financial performance and efficiency.
- Review the impact of major City decisions on business plans and performance.
- Develop and track short-term focus metrics to support continuous process improvement and improved service outcomes.
- Support the development, maintenance and update services strategies and public benefit strategies for community plans and major development projects.
- Work closely with the project team on the Asset and Amenity Management initiative to gather and analyze costs and revenues associated with City amenities and complete financial analysis of City amenities that can be used by the AAMP Steering Committee and City Council to make evidence based decisions that create the desired outcomes of the project.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Business, Commerce, Business Analytics or a related discipline.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) or MBA.
- Minimum 6-8 years of post-designation experience in performance measurement, data analysis budgeting, and financial analysis.
- Experience in supporting and developing strategies to support major corporate decisions and identifying performance measures to inform strategic decisions.
- Experience in building or reviewing highly complex financial and operational models.
- Extensive experience in strategically answering complex business problems through data analysis, scenario modeling and creative thinking.
- Advanced knowledge of performance metrics, finance, and business concepts.
This full time exempt position offers an attractive benefits, vacation and pension package. Salary will be determined based on the successful applicant's qualifications and experience.
If you are seeking a challenging opportunity and possess the above mentioned qualifications, we would love to hear from you! We welcome your cover letter and resume by December 16, 2019.