Head Skating Instructors
City of Surrey
Heading Skating Instructors
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
We are currently looking for outgoing, enthusiastic & reliable Head Skating Instructors for the Learn-To-Skate programs.
Union - CUPE Local 402 - Auxiliary
- Supervising current Skating Instructors and when needed teaching various levels of skating to pre-school and school age children as required.
- Organizing all class lists and be actively involved in regular training and updating of teaching skills of staff.
- Communicating with parents utilizing your strong communication skills.
- This role requires you to be available to work Evenings and weekends.
- A current Emergency First Aid and CPR certification or willing to obtain.
- NCCP Theory Level 2 (asset).
- 3 years’ experience as an instructor.
- A thorough knowledge of the requirements of the various levels of skating programs.
- Advanced teaching and coaching skills.
- Previous Supervisory experience in a related field.
- Interact well with children and adults.
- Selected applicants will be required to work one or more of the following arenas:
- North Surrey Sport & Ice Centre
- Newton Arena
- Cloverdale Arena
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca to Job ID 3278.