Trades I - Utilities
Trades I - UtilitiesFull Time (x2)
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
Our Engineering and Public Works Department is currently seeking an energetic individual to join the Public Works team as a Trades I - Utilities. This position will perform a variety of semi-skilled tasks related to the operation, maintenance (O&M) and construction of the water distribution, wastewater and storm collection systems under the general direction of a Superior. A Trades I - Utilities is involved in the day to day operation, maintenance and repair of these systems, works closely with crews and independently performs a variety of O&M tasks and programs, such as but not limited to: installing/repairing water mains, sanitary and storm mains, services, and manholes, installation/repair of water meters as well as the repair and maintenance of the City’s pumping and PRV stations.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You have the ability to build positive working relationships
- You exude positive energy and believe that anything is possible
- You are self-aware, aren’t afraid to laugh at yourself
- You have an Environmental Operator Certification in Water Distribution I or Wastewater Collection I accredited through the Environmental Operator Certification Program (EOCP)
- Valid Class 5 British Columbia Motor Vehicle Operators License
- You have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the water/wastewater environment
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We care deeply about the community we serve
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace
- Our compensation starts at $30.07 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package upon successful completion of a four month probationary period.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online by Tuesday December 10, 2019 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs to competition number #19-161e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.