The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Circulation SupervisorJob ID: 19-89
Job Class: Temporary Full-time
Employment Group: CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies: 1
Posting Period: November 29 - December 15, 2019
Are you an exceptional Library Supervisor with a passion for ensuring your staff provide outstanding service to the public? The Circulation Supervisor is a member of the Library's Leadership Team who is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the circulation area of the Library under the supervision of the Deputy Director.
This position provides front-line customer service, as well as ongoing training and quality control to ensure accuracy and customer satisfaction;
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates the work of Library Shelvers and Circulation Assistants (approximately 17 direct reports)
- Oversees shelving, and stack maintenance
- Oversees library revenue collections and reconciliation
- Responds to patron queries and requests regarding library policies and procedures
- Resolves customer complaints
- Processes new library materials and interlibrary loans
- Ensures administrative tasks such as tracking statistics, drafting procedures, compiling reports and ordering supplies are carried out effectively and in a timely manner.
The Circulation Supervisor currently works Tuesday from 1:30 to 9:00 PM, Wednesday to Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM, and Saturday from 9:15 AM to 5:15 PM.
This temporary, full-time position is replacing the absence of a regular employee and is anticipated to end in December, 2020.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody Public Library is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory criminal records search.
Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Secondary school graduation (Grade 12)
- Two to three years of job-related experience, including experience with the organization, policies, procedures, systems and operations of a library circulation department and experience with automated library systems
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent customer service skills and extensive experience resolving customer complaints
- Knowledge of the library collection and the Dewey decimal system
- Ability to maintain statistics and large excel spreadsheets
- Experience with cash-handling procedures, balancing, and reporting
Date Added 11/29/2019
Library, City Port Moody
State/Province British Columbia [BC]
Hourly $32.99 - $35.51
Compensation & Benefits Overview The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.