Planning Analyst (Regulation Redesign)
Planning Analyst (Regulation Redesign)Requisition ID: 15230
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Planning Analyst will provide a range of technical and analytical skills as part of the Regulation Redesign Project team reviewing the City’s land use tools to simplify, clarify and modernize them, and improve consistency. The project will also develop protocols and procedures to guide regulation and policy development, in order to create a robust and enduring land use framework.The main focus of the position will be on providing technical, graphic and analytical support to create a more user-friendly Zoning and Development By-law.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Planner II with drafting user-friendly Zoning and Development by-law, including developing layout and format options, drafting content and developing graphics
- Assist with identifying opportunities to simplify and consolidate regulations and find opportunities to reconcile conflicts between various regulations and policies
- Assist with coordination and oversight of graphic design and editing consultants
- Create/assist with PowerPoint presentations, information display boards and associated graphics for public consultation and for inclusion in reports and policy documents
- Conduct research, monitor and collect data, develop and maintain spreadsheets/databases as needed to assist with consultation with other City departments and agencies
Education and Experience:
- University degree in planning or a related discipline, or a technical degree, diploma or university degree in a discipline providing a solid background in graphic skills, document creation and editing, with experience related closely to the duties involved.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team.
- Strong graphic skills and demonstrated experience in using InDesign and other graphic software in the Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, similar design related applications, and proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong data, research and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of City by-laws, processes and policies would be an asset.
Business Unit/Department: Planning, Urban Design & Sustainability (1275)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: January, 2020
Position End Date: April, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-024: $36.45 to $43.04 per hour
Application Close: December 8, 2019
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.