Office Support Clerk III - Branch Support
Office Support Clerk III - Branch SupportRequisition ID: 14329
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
This OSC III - Branch Support role will be responsible for administrative and clerical tasks for both the Integrated Water Management/One Water Strategy and Utilities Modelling & Data Management branches. This includes, but is not limited to: onboarding, conducting safety orientations, eSAFs, eCAFs, time entry, updating PMF documents, maintaining branch stats (Scorecard), formatting Council Reports, using SharePoint and obtaining concurrences, creating shopping carts, issuing change orders, processing of goods receipts and service entries, resolving invoice payment issues, arranging catering for large external vendor meetings, booking travel and training for branch employees, assist with records management filing and archiving as required and other duties/responsibilities as assigned. In addition to supporting the two branches this position will greet guests who arrive on the floor and direct them to their meeting rooms and liaise with the property management company if issues arise.
Key Contacts and Reporting Relationships
Reporting to the Branch Manager, Team Services, this position provides direct support to two rapidly growing branches at Marine Gateway. Key contacts include other Engineering branches, TrioVest the building’s property management company and external COV vendors.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- The incumbent must have a complete understanding of the departmental procedures and be able to speak to these at any time.
- Support the onboarding of new employees to Marine Gateway and complete their Building Safety Orientations to keep us in compliance with WSBC.
- Communicate Marine Gateway building issues with Property Management Company through the online reporting system.
- The Clerk must adhere to standards of the City’s Ethical Purchasing Policy as well as manage the supplies and ordering of goods in accordance to the P2P process.
- Updating PMF documents, maintaining branch Scorecards, formatting Council Reports, and obtaining reports in SharePoint, etc.
- The incumbent utilizes organizational software, SAP, to provide administrative support to all Engineering branches in various ways such as P2P training, shopping on behalf, service entries, good receipts, orders and approves payments for suppliers.
- Ensure Ricoh Printers are working and maintain the toner and paper supplies for the floor.
- Provide back-up to the 11th floor Clerk with coordinating/ordering/maintaining stationary supplies from Staples.
- Provide VanDocs orientations to new Engineering Services employees as they wait to take the official CityLearn course.
- Use the VanRIMS classification and retention schedule exclusively and serves as the Engineering Department’s back up Departmental Records Coordinator (DRC) for all VanDocs related issues.
- Retrieving information from paper, electronic or film based files; assisting in the scheduling and transferring of records off site and requesting file searches from external sources.
- Other administrative duties as required for Team Services, Integrated Water Management/One Water and Utilities Modeling & Data Management branches.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 including or supplemented by commercial administration courses plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience, is required.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and a working knowledge of standard computer software such as VanDocs, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is required.
- Proven experience working in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities, demonstrated competency in decision making within established business practices and rules.
- Proven ability to handle a heavy workload and provide exceptional customer experience.
- Working knowledge of standard purchasing practice and procedures.
- Experience as a Departmental Records Coordinator would be considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good working knowledge of the Engineering Services Department.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective organization and problem solving skills.
- A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and vendors is essential.
- Local area travel is a requirement of this position. Transportation arrangements must meet operational requirements of the Department.
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: January, 2020
Position End Date: October, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $25.31 to $29.74 per hour
Application Close: December 8, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.