Senior Accounting Technician
Senior Accounting Technician
HOURS OF WORK:
35 Hours per Week
To be determined
4:00 p.m., December 8, 2019
Encompassing an unparalleled geographic region in the heart of British Columbia, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District (TNRD) offers the best of both worlds. Urban life within vibrant communities and outlying rural regions that showcase the region's beauty - pristine but rugged mountains, rolling grasslands, lush evergreen forests and both historic and modern areas, all within 45,000 square kilometres. Headquartered in the City of Kamloops, the TNRD provides a wide range of local government services to the population of 130,000 living within its 11 diverse municipalities and 10 electoral areas.
The TNRD is seeking a knowledgeable, experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Accounting Technician. Reporting to the Finance Supervisor, the Technician is responsible for:
- Monthly account reconciliations
- Tracking costs and preparation of financial reports relating to grant activities and emergency operations
- Preparation of year-end audit working papers and PSAB financial statements
- GST,PST, and other regulatory reporting
- Bookkeeping for Strata Corp (KAS2093) using SAGE 50
- Provides senior level support to the Supervisor and Director of Finance
- Other duties as required
Required Education and Experience:
- University degree in a related discipline such as Business or Accounting and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience completing statutory reporting (eg. SOFI, FIA, Corporate tax return, etc.)
- Experience preparing year-end financial statements with full note disclosures
- Demonstrated current competency through recent professional development
- Knowledge of current accounting standards
Qualifications that will be considered an asset:
- Accounting designation
- Knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) standards is preferred
- Experience with Vadim, SAGE 50 Accounting, and Caseware
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of spreadsheet and word processing
- Proficient in the use of accounting systems
- Strong technical accounting and analytical and data entry skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with sensitivity for deadlines
- Ability to be innovative, to take initiative and to work well in a team environment
This position falls under the provisions of the Collective Agreement with the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 900. The placement of the Accounting Technician is at Pay Grade 7, which is $2,052.47 to $2,366.61 biweekly.
Please email your application to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on December 13, 2019 quoting Competition # 2019-052.
Applications must include a cover letter and a resume outlining your qualifications and experience.
Thank you for considering the Thompson-Nicola Regional District as a place to share your talents!
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.