Facility Booking Clerk
Facility Booking Clerk
The City of Penticton's Recreation Department is in search of a highly motivated and energetic individual for the temporary (up to 12 months) position of Facility Booking Clerk. The Recreation Department promotes and contributes to a healthy community and enhances the quality of life for Penticton residents and visitors through planning, management and delivery of recreation, sport events and active living opportunities. This department partners with volunteers, community members and private sector providers to support recreation opportunities in the City.
Reporting to the Recreation Business Supervisor the temporary Facility Booking Clerk will be responsible for the booking and scheduling of indoor facilities, ice, diamonds and fields, responding to inquiries, and providing support to the Recreation Department as required.
- Administer field and indoor facility bookings and coordinate facility use agreements with internal and external groups. This includes indoor and outdoor facilities for sports, meetings, minor events, etc. in conjunction with sport groups, clubs and members of the public.
- Provide excellent customer service and delivery of room and field booking services. Respond to inquiries and requests from a variety of user groups and stake holders including staff and the general public.
- Act as a liaison between rental groups and other City Departments as required.
- Provide support to the Events Department by covering the event hotline on a rotational basis and attending on-site major event meetings.
- Performs similar duties and provides administrative support to Recreation Department as required.
- Grade 12 supplemented by courses related to event management, scheduling, bookkeeping or administration.
- Minimum 2 years' in a similar role providing exceptional customer service, both via telephone and in person.
- Experience with PerfectMind or another recreation booking software is required.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Software (Word (typing 60 wpm with accuracy) Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to manage conflict and effectively work with diverse and potentially challenging customers and groups.
- Experience with sport and community groups, minor event hosts and community recreation.
- Ability to convey and follow knowledge of a variety of recreation groups such as sport associations, local clubs and minor event hosts.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to stay motivated and work in a fast paced environment with limited supervision.
If you are seeking an exciting opportunity and possess the above mentioned qualifications, we would love to hear from you! We welcome your cover letter and resume by December 8, 2019.
Schedule: Shifts include working on call evenings and weekends on an as and when needed basis (35 hours per week)
Wage: $24.66 - $27.41 per hour (PG 5, CUPE)
Benefits: Additional 14.75% in lieu of benefits and vacation