Food Service Worker
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Food Service Worker
Parks, Culture & Recreation
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
4 hours per week*
$20.82 - $24.36 per hour
Under the direct supervision of the Food Service Coordinator, you will assist in the preparation of a variety of daily pre-set food menu items for the New Westminster City Hall Cafeteria, as well as in the preparation for catering services. Duties will include: food preparation; assisting in the preparation of pre-set menu items such as sandwiches and salads; preparing a variety of deli trays (ie. fruit, veggies, and cheese) for catering services; receiving payment using a Square-Up register POS system; general dining area and kitchen cleaning including, but not limited to, washing dishes, cleaning of preparation and service counters and kitchen equipment and utensils; replenishing stock; and setting up and delivering orders for catering services.
- Working knowledge of health regulations and laws pertaining to the preparation, serving and sale of food and beverages.
- Good knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, procedures and equipment used in food service operations.
- Sound knowledge of food preparation, meal planning, cooking techniques and the nutritional needs of people.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, staff and patrons; and to employ contemporary service excellence principles.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of records related to the work.
- Ability to organize and prioritize the work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to operate equipment related to the work.
- Ability to stand for long periods of the workday and to bend, reach and lift heavy items up to 10lbs.
- Food Safe Certificate, Level 1.
*This position will work Thursdays 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and available Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 2:30 pm to work additional shifts when needed.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #19-152, by December 13, 2019 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.