Application Support Analyst
Application Support Analyst
IT Client Services
Number of Positions:
December 6, 2019
The City of Airdrie fosters a culture of accountability and values open dialogue, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative relationships, learning, ownership, and encouraging the heart. We are searching for another team member who will help us get to the next level.
The City of Airdrie Information Technology, Client Services department is the face of IT and we are passionate to provide collaborative and reliable customer service supporting our business units to deliver value driven innovative technical solutions. We are fun and approachable with a team mentality to deliver technical excellence to our customers.
As part of the Client Services Application Team, the Application Support Analyst (ASA) will be responsible for technically supporting, enhancing and driving forward the City’s CityView Application. CityView interfaces with many different business units such as Building Inspections, Planning, Engineering and Municipal Enforcement, and the ASA will need to be the Subject Matter Expert in all aspects of this application. The ASA is responsible to maintain a stable and secure application platform and to assist the business units with application expertise to facilitate co-created value delivering measurable outcomes. We continually improve the quality of services the application delivers, generating efficiencies realized by the City of Airdrie staff and citizens.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for CityView, receiving, analyzing, prioritizing and responding to customer requests for the CityView application
- Manage all changes to the application, its configuration and the associated business rules and workflows
- Consult with application owners and user groups to identify and prioritize future application upgrades and enhancements
- Host quarterly steering committee meetings, and monthly operational meetings to present current state of application, enhancement roadmaps and prioritization of workloads
- Work closely with business units to understand departmental requirements to deliver value through the application portfolio
- Collaborate with the City’s governing bodies to ensure the applications meets information governance and privacy requirements
- Deliver end-user training and supporting documentation
- Analyze and document current state, future state, and ideal state and delivering presentations to leadership teams within the City
- Liaise with software providers and vendors to any application issues that require escalation
- Query application databases to provide the business with accurate data to assist in decision making
- Record all application incidents, service requests, change requests and all related documentation including notes and resolutions within the City’s ITSM
- Will require after hours to patch environment and roll out system changes
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- ITIL v3/4 or PROSCI Change Management certifications would be an asset
- Business Analysis certification would be an asset
- Project Management certification would be an asset
Previous Work Experience:
- 5 to 7 years of experience administering CityView
- 5 to 7 years of experience administering applications within an Enterprise Environment
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with database attached applications
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with MS SQL and SSRS
- 3 to 5 years of business analysis experience
- 1 to 3 years of project management experience
Skills and Attributes:
- Keen interest in technology and developing skillsets to support additional Enterprise Applications
- Passion for technology, people and process
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- The ability to lead a conversation and host an effective meeting
- Coach, mentor and train junior technical resources
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish effective, collaborative working relationships and an ability to build trust with staff across all levels of the organization
- Ability to adapt well in an ever-changing environment
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Ability to see the big picture and broader implications of issues/solutions
Along with a competitive compensation program and City paid health and dental premiums, our employees also enjoy:
- Excellent health, dental, paramedical, and benefits plan
- First-in-class pension plan
- Career development and tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts, annual adult Genesis Place pass, social events, and health & wellness initiatives
Continuous learning through training and development is encouraged as are flexible work arrangements, when possible. We recognize that our people work best when they feel engaged in their environment and appreciated for their efforts and our overall benefits package reflects that.
Please provide a cover letter as a means of introducing yourself and your interest in this role.
This full time (37.5 hours per week) includes a comprehensive benefits and pension package.
This position will require some after regular work hours to patch environment and roll out system changes.
Candidates are invited to apply online at www.airdrie.ca