Clerk III - Sewer Records Clerk
Clerk III - Sewer Records ClerkRequisition ID: 15211
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Clerk III (Sewer Records Clerk) provides administrative support for Sewer Operations. Main duties include maintaining the preventative maintenance program; providing related service, support and information to field crews, Superintendents, other COV business areas and the public; and providing routine vacation coverage, as required.
The regular work schedule for this position is 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday to Friday. This position will be based out of Manitoba Works Yard. The successful candidate may be required to adjust shifts and change locations as operational required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides clerical support to Sewer Operations
- Prepares and processes various forms and documents including work orders, invoices and related materials
- Plans, prepares and schedules all work for all crew assigned to PMP. Co-ordinates with the Superintends to maintain accurate crew schedules.
- Conducts research, and prepares reports and correspondence for Risk Management and Freedom of Information requests.
- Provides quality control by developing, preparing and running various summary reports such as those related to work accomplishments, service requests/call volume and work orders.
- Prepares and maintains a large volume of records and files, both manual and computerized, related to the work
- Creates utility packages for crew excavation work as per Branch, WorkSafe, Provincial, private utility regulations and guidelines, which includes coordinating BC One Call requests and responses.
- Researches business and operations situations to provide accurate and timely information to work crews, Superintendents, other City staff and the public.
- Assists with identifying, documenting and implementing work process improvements, standardized forms and manuals.
- Performs other related work as required.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12, including or supplemented by courses in standard software courses and MS Office programs, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable related clerical experience working with computerized record keeping systems.
- Experience related to public works or construction where field crews are involved is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Sewers operations and 311 is preferred
- Considerable knowledge and experience working with OMS, VanMap, ENGIS, SIS, Hansen, POSSE and SAP or equivalent programs are preferred
- Considerable knowledge of applications such as MS Word, Access and Excel are required.
- Strong attention to detail, effective keyboarding and accurate data entry ability.
- Good organizational skills to handle a heavy workload.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to identify and follow up on outstanding issues with staff and superiors.
- Ability and willingness to exercise individual initiative while remaining an effective team player.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively deal with shifting priorities and handle emergency situations in a calm and effective manner.
- Ability to make independent decisions based on knowledge of departmental and City policies and procedures.
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: January, 2020
Position End Date: May, 2020
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-017: $27.45 to $32.25 per hour
Application Close: December 6, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.