Recreation Specialist - Aquatics
Recreation Specialist - AquaticsFull Time
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam!
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam’s Recreation Department is currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, creative, fun and energetic individual to join our team as a Recreation Specialist - Aquatics to work in our indoor and outdoor pools, including working at the new Port Coquitlam Community Centre. The successful applicant will support the Recreation Program Coordinator (Aquatics) and/or Area Recreation Manager in operating all aquatic facilities, supervising staff, recruiting instructors, designing, planning and organizing approved aquatic programs and activities.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- A passion for people and skilled in building positive working relationships;
- Effective communicator with exceptional customer service skills;
- Excellent clerical and administrative skills;
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Recreation or related field;
- 3-5 years’ of related experience in a Recreation environment;
- One year supervisory experience; and
- Current certifications in National Lifeguard (NL), OFA Level 1, Water Safety Instructor, First Aid Instructor, National Lifeguard Instructor, Lifesaving Instructor and Pool Operator 1.
Why should you consider working for us?
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves;
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform;
- We care deeply about the community we serve;
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact;
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed;
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace; and
- We offer a competitive compensation package and an annual salary starting at over $59,000.
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number #19-141e. We will be accepting applications until December 24, 2019 and will be regularly reviewing and may contact people for interview ahead of the close date.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.