Revenue SupervisorFull Time
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam!
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community we serve.
Reporting to the Manager of Revenue and Collections, the Revenue Supervisor oversees the customer service representatives engaged in collecting, processing and accounting of property taxes, utility charges, cemetery sales, sundry accounts receivable and collection of miscellaneous city revenues. The incumbent supports the Tax Division by ensuring funds are collected in accordance with established legislation, by-laws, regulations and policy requirements.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You have the ability to build positive working relationships at all levels of the organization;
- You have strong communication skills and are able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing using non-technical language;
- You have considerable knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures applicable to local government activities and accounting operations;
- You have considerable knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and statutory requirements governing municipal financial operations;
- You have strong skills working with a variety of business systems and software;
- You have successfully completed the CPA pre-requisite program modules 1 -5 or equivalent education recognized by CPA Canada; and
- Have a minimum of five years of directly related work experience, including experience supervising staff, data analysis and systems support preferably in local Government.
Why should you consider working for us?
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves;
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform;
- We care deeply about our community;
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact;
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed; and
- We offer a competitive compensation package and an annual salary that starts at over $55k per year.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to apply online before December 6, 2019 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number #19-157e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.