SAP Business Analyst
SAP Business AnalystFinance & Technology – Information Technology & GIS
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$45.72 - $51.85 per hour (2020 rates)
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on December 9, 2019, but will remain open until filled.
This position is expected to start effective January 2020 onwards.
The SAP Business Analyst is an integral part of the SAP functional team responsible for the ongoing support and development of the CRD’s Enterprise Resource Planning system. This position provides functional and business expertise in the SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) domain, also known as the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM). As a member of a support team responsible for delivering solutions that meet both customer requirements and corporate commitments, the position conducts and facilitates workshops with business units to gather requirements for complex business procedures while providing best business practices knowledge to aid the design process for the CRD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with business units to understand their business needs and to define functional requirements and functional designs to support the organization’s strategy and goals
- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generates innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges; analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of alternatives and provides recommendations
- Validates or challenges existing business processes and identifies areas for improvements through business process standardization
- Facilitates business requirements analysis and functional design work sessions including creating business presentations, communications, and documentation to help achieve organizational goals
- Creates Business Requirements Documents and use cases to define business needs, project scope and objectives and provides resource estimates for preparation of business case and project costing
- Leads functional system design in the development of SAP applicable module(s) and its integration points
- Coordinates internal resources and consulting services for the execution of project
- Prepares and delivers system demonstrations to stakeholders to validate business approach
- Establishes and maintains relationships with SAP, external vendors and consulting firms to obtain additional insights, approaches and solutions to various business requirements
- Follows all defined technology standards and processes and provides input for improvements as required and/or identified
- Performs risk management, as outlined in the Project Charter, to minimize project risks
- Utilizes project management practices to tracks project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long term goals; provides regular project status reports to management and stakeholders
- Prepares Change Management documentation for changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Develops and performs testing to ensure adequate testing of system configuration and integration across SAP applications (HCM, FICO, REFX)
- Provides expertise to train and support groups as appropriate before system go-lives
- Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
- Uses an effective interpersonal style to build, inspire, and sustain a cohesive team by focusing the team on its mission and importance of the role to organizational success
- Remains current with developments in SAP applicable applications and related mobile technologies, including releases and enhancements/new functionality
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Performs other related duties as required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology plus a minimum of 6 years’ experience working in SAP or an equivalent ERP system performing functional design and development or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience being involved in or leading SAP or equivalent ERP development projects
- Excellent communication (oral, written and presentation), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience configuring and supporting SAP EAM, PM including supporting the mobile versions.
- Good understanding of SAP EAM, PM integration with Human Resources, Maintenance Management, Asset Accounting, Finance and Controlling, Real Estate Management and other SAP applications
- Experience with SAP reporting tools such as Report Writer, Report Painter, BW/BI and Business Objects tools such as Analysis for Office.
- Demonstrate operational and project management skills; must be results focused and team oriented.
- Experience working within an Enterprise Architecture, where systems and data have many inter-relationships and dependencies and an understanding of the critical nature of these relationships.
- Experience in information technology systems design and development methodologies as related to the systems development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of current trends in SAP related products and solutions (eg. ECC, Fiori, S/4HANA, Business Intelligence).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to elicit requirements from business users including experience facilitating requirements analysis and functional design working sessions.
- Experience overseeing teams of consultants focused on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrate ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong leadership skills to provide advice and guidance to team members and end users.
- Direct experience with business process re-engineering.
- High level of proficiency and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, MS Project, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.