Planning Technician 1 - Current Planning
City of Surrey
Planning Technician 1 – Current Planning
Are you looking for a career opportunity that has tremendous potential for growth and helps build a thriving, green and inclusive city? We are currently hiring for a passionate and dedicated Planning Technician to join our team. This is a junior level planning position with a focus on Development Planning. You will perform varied duties at the Front Counter and in the Current Planning & Development Division.
- Providing information services, including by-law and policy interpretation and advice related to planning and development.
- Communicating with the public, applicants, agents, external agencies and departments and will prepare reports and correspondence on development applications.
- Acting as a resource to Planning Operations Clerks in carrying out their duties and provide technical assistance in carrying out other planning duties including research, data collection and tabulation.
- Preparing reports and correspondence in regards to development applications.
- Assisting Planners in processing development applications including rezoning and development permits.
- You will possess a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Planning or a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Previous work experience in the planning field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A Master's Degree in Planning is considered an asset.
- Directly related experience the development application process with a public sector organization is considered an asset.
- You are able to communicate both orally and in writing.
- You work well within a team environment and are able to build and maintain effective relationships with staff and members of the public.
- You have knowledge of planning principles and the development application process.
- You are able to make decisions independently and exercise good judgement in performing your duties.
This job closes on December 13, 2019.