Senior Project Coordinator
Senior Project CoordinatorFinance & Technology – Information Technology & GIS
Status: Regular Fulltime
Hours of Work: 70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay: $45.72 – $51.85 per hour (2020 rates)
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on December 12, 2019, but will remain open until filled.
Notes: The position is expected to start effective January 2020 onwards.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Information Technology and GIS Services the Senior Project Coordinator's primary responsibility is to work collaboratively with IT Managers, stakeholders, business analysts and IT staff to document, plan, schedule, execute, report, track and finalize projects according to documented scope, negotiated deadlines and budget. This position assists IT Managers to oversee the entire project lifecycle, promoting an understanding of IT projects both underway and in the planning phase, including: developing project plans, coordinating and aligning tasks with IT resource availability as well as developing and coordinating project schedules to ensure timely completion of projects to meet organizational goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with IT Managers and business areas to define and create project charters, document project scope, SOW, goals, and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develops and prepares Business Cases (IBCs) as part of the project lifecycle for review by the executive leadership team, defining scope of work and identifying resourcing requirements, as required.
- Assists IT Managers with resource scheduling to achieve project timelines.
- Ensures project risks are identified as well as an achievable mitigation strategy.
- Ensures all project documentation, including requirements and deliverables, are completed and signed off prior to project kickoff.
- Plans, schedules, and tracks project timelines, milestones, and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaises with project stakeholders to ensure projects are on track.
- Manages all changes to scope to ensure competing priorities and deadlines are considered.
- Works with IT managers to ensure project resources are available and aligned with project tasks, including reallocation of resources and forecasting throughout the project lifecycle; identifies and reports resourcing conflicts.
- Develops, implements and maintains tools such as a Project dashboard showing current and accurate project status.
- Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Conducts project postmortems and creates a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Works with IT Managers and Business to ensure UAT and availability of business staff is aligned and executed within the Project timeline.
- Conducts formal reviews with business sponsors at project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Obtains project sign-off acknowledging deliverables prior to moving system to a production environment.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field, Project Management Professional certification (PMP) and 6 years project management related of experience, ideally in an IT setting. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Supplemented by courses in project management such as: Certified Scrum Master (CSM), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP).
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Experience working in a complex IT environment
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of project management (PMBOK), including knowledge of IT project planning.
- Thorough knowledge and operational experience utilizing project management software and tools.
- Working knowledge of IT development practices including Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Enterprise-level commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications, Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, Cloud and Web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects from initiation to completion.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and complete work unassisted in a safe, orderly and proficient manner.
- Demonstrated collaboration and team player skills
- Proficiency and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Power BI and other common desktop applications.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.