One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
The City of Delta is searching for a hardworking and dedicated professional electrician to join the Engineering Operations department in the role of Electronic/Electrical Technician. This is a technical role related to the installation, testing, and preventative maintenance of electrical systems. The successful candidate will monitor and respond to system failures, perform diagnostics, and make minor repairs and adjustments as needed, as well as prepare preliminary drawings of existing electrical systems and be able to maintain records and prepare reports as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the standard methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in the installation and maintenance of specialized electrical and electronic control systems and equipment;
- Considerable knowledge of the hazards and necessary safety precautions involved in such work;
- Considerable knowledge of the applicable rules and regulations governing the electrical work performed;
- Ability to read and interpret performance data and error messages from controls, sensors, transmitters and related mechanisms, to diagnose problems as they arise according to prescribed procedures and take the necessary remedial action, and to install electronic components;
- Ability to prepare preliminary electrical drawings and to participate in determining the design criteria for Municipal electrical installations;
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, reports and statistics related to the work performed;
- Skill in the use and care of tools, materials and equipment used in the work.
The successful candidate will have a BC Certificate of Electrical Qualification, an FSR Certification of Qualification, and a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence. An IMSA Traffic Signal Level 2 certification is desired, and previous experience working with municipal buildings and municipal electrical installations is considered an asset.
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $40.69 per hour and an excellent benefits package including Municipal Pension Plan. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to competition #19-197 EX by December 13, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta, BC V4K 3E2