Telecommunications AnalystFinance & Technology – Information Technology & GIS
Hours of Work
80 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$42.94 – 48.68 per hour (2020 rates)
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on December 6, 2019
This position is expected to start effective January 2020 onwards
As part of the networks and security team, the Telecommunications Analyst is responsible for the installation, operation, maintenance and on-going support of the CRD’s wired and wireless data, voice, radio network communications and surveillance systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains operation of CRD’s network infrastructure consisting of data, voice and radio systems in support of CRD operations to ensure safety, security and business continuity.
- Designs, installs and supports Local area, Wide area and Satellite telecom data, voice and radio systems in accordance with corporate policies and standards and participates in procurement recommendations and decision making.
- Designs, installs and maintains video surveillance systems and ensures all surveillance systems comply with corporate FOIPPA standards.
- Identifies and resolves problems affecting network performance, client-server systems and peripherals.
- Provides direct customer technical support and complex problem solving.
- Enforces systems security policies for all internal and external data access and data access.
- Implements and maintains new or upgraded releases of vendor supplied systems and software, ensuring testing and documentation processes and policies are adhered to.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to other IT staff on troubleshooting techniques.
- Provides account creation and management across numerous environments.
- Designs, installs and maintains telecommunications systems and equipment including establishing technical standards and procedures for the use of all data equipment and ensuring cyber security is in compliance with corporate policies and standards.
- Acts as corporate liaison to the Industry Science and Economic Development (ISED) regarding corporate radio frequency assignments.
- Reviews contractors work to ensure compliance with technical and contract specifications.
- Supports IP data radio systems for SCADA networks including providing network equipment specifications and ensuring adherence to IT policy and security standards.
- Documents system configurations, installations and procedures.
- Drafts policies and procedures for review and participates in implement strategies and future standards.
- Develops and delivers training in the use of wireless and wired telecom systems.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A Degree in Computer Science with a focus on data communications and 4 years related experience OR a Diploma in Electronics/Computer Engineering Technology, or related technology diploma and 6 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Experience working in a complex IT environment
- Thorough understanding of sound network management principles
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP and other common communication protocols
- Thorough knowledge of radio communication systems, local area networks and wide area multi-protocol switched networks.
- Experience working in a complex IT environment and sound network management principles.
- Ability to manage multiple projects from initiation to completion.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and training on the proper use and care of equipment.
- Proficiency and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and other common application platforms.
- Must remain current regarding advances in networking, radio systems and associated hardware and software industry trends.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and complete work unassisted in a safe, orderly and proficient manner according to corporate and WorkSafe BC protocols.
- Must be able to meet operational response times to ensure 24/7 functionality which will include responding to emergency call outs.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems to restore functionality thoroughly and as quickly as possible.
- Knowledge and ability to ensure security of all communication networks and equipment to CRD requirements.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.