Section ManagerPublic Works
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam!
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam is looking for a positive, dynamic, innovative, results-oriented manager with exceptional people skills to join our management team in Public Works. Reporting to the Manager of Public Works, the Section Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and managing all aspects of Public Works including: business planning, strategic initiatives, budgeting and analytics.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You are passionate about Public Works and serving the Community;
- You value innovation, creativity and inclusiveness;
- You have strong analytical skills and a track record of implementing best practices and workplace improvements;
- You have a passion for people and are skilled at building positive working relationships at all levels of an organization;
- You are a strong communicator that can present technical information to a variety of audiences using a variety of mediums;
- You can navigate new software with ease and excel in data extraction, transformation and analysis;
- You have considerable knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures, financial systems, and accounting operations;
- You have extensive experience in Public Works and have demonstrated success in relevant, progressive supervisory roles with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior supervisory role; and
- You have post-secondary education in a related Public Works field. An equivalent combination of experience and education will also be considered.
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves;
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact;
- We believe in professional development as demonstrated by a generous education reimbursement plan; and
- We offer a total compensation package including pension, benefits and a salary that can grow to over $113K annually.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their resumes, along with a one page letter demonstrating how their qualifications and/or experience match the position online by Sunday, December 8th, 2019 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number 19-163e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.