Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce
The Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce is looking for a candidate to fill the permanent, full-time position of Executive Director. As Executive Director you will lead a team in service to the Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce membership. The Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce is a professional organization representing the entire depth and breadth of the Cranbrook business community. With over 450 members, the Chamber is a valued and respected champion and voice of business in the community of Cranbrook.
Chamber of Commerce organizations are a part of the fabric of communities across Canada. They represent local businesses small and large alike, which are the backbone of our economies and positively impact many aspects of our society. Chambers provide members with many services and benefits including: advocacy, networking, marketing, professional development and philanthropic activities.
The position of Executive Director requires an experienced leader, which would have been acquired through your previous work experience and community service.
The Executive Director’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Provide strong leadership skills, including supporting staff professional development, collaborating, mentoring and empowering staff to create a healthy positive workplace culture.
- Develop, prioritize and implement strategic initiatives in alignment with the overall organizational vision, with focus on growth and identification of revenue generating opportunities.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Chamber office and Visitor Information Centre, including: marketing and event planning, human resources, finance and accounting, meeting preparation and execution.
- Enhance community engagement and represent the Chamber and its membership with integrity and professionalism in the community at a provincial and national level.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, and the ability to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser.
- Advocate and develop policies per the needs of the Chamber’s members.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least five years of leadership and management experience, ideally in a non-profit organization.
- Experience working with small businesses.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors or similar reporting role experience.
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in business, non-profit management, community or economic development or related degree, or the equivalent professional experience.
- Experienced working with government and regulatory bodies is an asset.
- Knowledge of Cranbrook and surrounding area business environment and community is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates wishing to submit their application are asked to forward a cover letter and resume to: Laura Kennedy, email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until: Monday, December 23, 2019.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. The Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce also offers employees an attractive benefits package.
The Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce and its Board of Directors would like to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.