Columbia Basin Trust
Columbia Basin Trust
The Communications Coordinator collaborates with others to coordinate communication activities that explain and promote the Trust’s programs and initiatives, and how the Trust supports community development in the region. This position coordinates and supports social media, websites, media relations, events, branding efforts and provides administrative support to the Communications Department. This position reports to the Manager, Communications and can be based out of any of our offices: Castlegar, Cranbrook, Golden, Nakusp.
- Coordinates and provides support to digital and social media strategies.
- Updates the Trust’s websites with text, graphics, photography.
- Drafts social media campaigns and posts to support an active social media presence.
- Compiles statistics and data from social media, websites and e-newsletters.
- Coordinates and supports the development of communication and marketing materials.
- Coordinates the design and production of portable displays, audio visual material, including photography and videography.
- Drafts stories, video scripts, briefing notes, web copy, speaking notes, PowerPoint presentations, reports, brochures and other marketing materials.
- Coordinates marketing and communication projects.
- Assists in planning and implementing communication plans and projects that include internal and external stakeholders.
- Researches issues to be addressed by the Trust in its communications and public relations initiatives.
- Researches, purchases and maintains the Trust’s promotional merchandise inventory.
- Updates and maintains distribution lists (e.g. newsletters, media lists and other lists as requested).
- Coordinates media relations and advertising campaigns.
- Drafts media releases.
- Monitors, analyzes and distributes media clippings.
- Writes advertising copy.
- Works with graphic designers to develop print and online ads.
- Develops advertising schedules for campaigns.
- Coordinates and supports events and activities as required.
- Provides administrative support to the department.
- Organizes meetings and takes minutes.
- Verifies receipt of goods for Communications Department invoices.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Training & Experience
- Minimum two-year diploma or university degree in communications, marketing,business or other communications-related field or equivalent.
- Two to four years of communications experience supporting social media anddigital strategies, audio visual projects, writing, advertising, supporting events, andmedia relations activities.
- Wordpress experience is considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, graphic, and web-based communications skills.
- Knowledge of digital and social media activities.
- Working knowledge of graphic design elements and principles.
- Working knowledge of principles, and best practices related to internal and external marketing communications activities.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Software (particularly Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint). Graphic design software knowledge considered an asset.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships throughout the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve results.
- Ability to work as part of a high performance team.
- Ability to be flexible in a changing environment.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and be results-oriented.
- Ability to exercise initiative and bring sound judgment to problem solving and decision making.
Apply online: https://ourtrust.org/about/careers/