Senior Manager, Networks & Telecommunications
Senior Manager, Networks & TelecommunicationsRequisition ID: 15140
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
Accountable for managing a group of network and telecommunications staff including the overall architecture, detailed design, development, implementation and operation of communications networks and infrastructures (fibre, telephony, data, wireless, VoIP, third party services, cloud services). Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Technology/Deputy Chief Information officer, the Senior Manager will ensure the City’s networks adapt to meet evolving business needs.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that the City’s data network and telecommunications infrastructure operate to agreed customer service levels, including ongoing operations, performance management and service level reporting.
- Assesses the impact of major communications network malfunctions, co-ordinates and oversees emergency repairs ensuring minimal disruption to clients; subsequently works to identify root causes and develops long-term solutions to prevent future outages and ensure optimal performance.
- Manages staff to ensure an efficient, effective and well-motivated team. Experience in performance management and development plans is desirable.
- Monitors network usage and requirements to ensure that City networks and telecommunications infrastructure evolve to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Supports the delivery of Payment Card Industry (PCI) services for the City’s payment channels
- Negotiates and manages fibre networks and exchange agreements and service contracts, both internal and external
- Manages internal operational budgets
- Works with Supply Chain Management to develop RFPs as well as contract renewals
- Stays abreast of new technologies and practices and works with Enterprise Architecture and Cybersecurity to develop new network standards and policies.
- Works with Enterprise Architecture to initiate projects to adapt and evolve City networks.
- Works with the Technology Services Project Management Office to implement network and telecommunications projects
- Facilitates network technology input to non-network specific IT projects: from supplying suitable resources to building new infrastructure and services.
- Initiates, negotiates, develops and manages service level agreements and operational level agreements for wide area networks and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Develops and maintains proper documentation on operational procedures in all responsible technology areas.
- Designs, manages and evolves the architecture and security for both voice and data networks.
- Works with Cybersecurity to protect and monitor the City’s data and voice networks and ensure that staff responds appropriately to security breaches.
- Negotiates service contracts with suppliers, monitors performance and service levels and resolves issues with vendors.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, or Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience in design, development and management of wide area networks, of which at least 5 years has been in a managing or supervising role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of network management systems, procedures and best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of telecommunications systems, procedures and best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of communications protocols and industry standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of cybersecurity practices and industry standards related to networks and telecommunications
- Demonstrated knowledge of fibre network design and deployment and utility agreements
- Demonstrated ability to architect, implement and operate data and voice networks
- Demonstrated ability to research, understand, adapt and apply evolving network technology and best practice to current business processes
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and proactively manage contractual agreements with external suppliers and third parties
- Demonstrated operational and project management skills: results-focused, team-oriented
- Demonstrated people management skills: coaching, mentoring, development and performance management
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a matrix organization
- Broad knowledge of IT Service Management (ITSM) processes and practices and detailed knowledge of Capacity Management, Availability Management, Problem Management and Incident Management processes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation/facilitation skills, with ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
Business Unit/Department: IT, Digital Strategy & 311 (1070)
Affiliation: Senior Exempt
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: January, 2020
Application Close: December 8, 2019
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.