Revenue and Taxation Supervisor
Revenue and Taxation SupervisorRequisition #34
At the City of Kamloops, we are focused on creating the highest levels of service excellence, based on an organization-wide community culture that celebrates our employees who make it all happen. We are known as Canada’s Tournament Capital and are famous for our hospitality and community spirit, traits that make us a leader! Recreation, sports, arts and culture, health care, social activities, volunteerism, and affordable housing all meld to form a unique blend of big city amenities with small-town ambience. This is Kamloops!
Let’s make Kamloops shine! Join our team today.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Revenue and Taxation Supervisor at the City of Kamloops! The Revenue and Taxation Supervisor assists in the billing, receipt, control and collections of all City funds; property taxes, utility fees, grants and other revenues. The incumbent is also responsible for the traditional management responsibilities of hiring, motivating and coaching employees, assessing employee performance, exercising disciplinary action and dealing with grievances.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Supervises within the Revenue and Taxation department
- Oversees the preparation and collection of annual Property Tax Billings, quarterly Utility Billings and other revenues
- Maintains a secure payment system
- Provides direction, recommendations and reporting to all levels within the organization
- Manages the more complex internal and external Revenue inquiries and complaints
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Recognized professional accounting designation (CPA) and membership in a recognized accounting association.
- 3 - 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with large financial systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Excel and Word
- Strong leadership skills.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check.
A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
City of Kamloops -> Corporate Services -> Financial Services
Hours & Days of Work
Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Summer)
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Winter)
Hours per Week
Revenue and Taxation Manager
December 30th, 2019
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.