Office Support Clerk III - Sewers Time Entry
Office Support Clerk III - Sewers Time EntryRequisition ID: 14896
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
Reporting to the Clerk IV Supervisor in the Administration Group at Manitoba Yard, the incumbent is responsible for a variety of clerical work with a primary focus on payroll time entry and benefits administration for a large and dynamic operations branch.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The duties include payroll and time entry and associated time entry for a large operations branch, maintaining WCB claims, medium and long term claims and sick leave records; maintaining accurate records and confidential personnel files; preparing benefits paperwork; providing information to staff regarding the City’s benefit programs for various union groups; cross training and working as required in other positions within the workgroup to provide clerical services to several Branches within Engineering Services. Performs other related clerical duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by office administration and/or business courses and sound related experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience with administrative tasks in Engineering Operations is preferred.
- Experience processing a large volume of work with sustained accuracy and speed while handling considerable interruptions is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable working knowledge and experience using SAP with an emphasis on time entry, activity allocations, data entry and accounts payables, service entries & goods receipts.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work priorities successfully, pay attention to detail, handle a heavy workload, work effectively with frequent interruptions with changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Sound knowledge of branch operations, policies, and procedures.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Proficiency in software programs including Hansen and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Skilled in typing (keyboarding) rapidly and accurately (including numerically).
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team setting.
- Problem solving skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to provide accurate information, in a tactful manner, to the internal stakeholders.
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Affiliation: CUPE 15
Position Start Date: December, 2019
Position End Date: April, 2020
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-15: $25.31 - $29.74
Number of Positions: 1
Application Close: November 17, 2019
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities. The City of Vancouver is always interested in adding high performing team members to its staff. If you would like to be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity, please apply on our careers site.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.