Clerk IV (Tenant Improvement Permits)
Clerk IV (Tenant Improvement Permits)Requisition ID: 15088
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function:
Working in a busy, fast-paced, front-line customer service environment, the successful candidate will perform moderately difficult technical and clerical work involving the processing of building applications for tenant improvements and other over-the-counter permits associated with tenant improvements. In addition, on alternate days the incumbent will provide a wide variety of information to the public related to Zoning and Building By-laws in the Enquiry Call Centre.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties include researching records and data processing information related to building and trades permit issuance. This information is gained through a variety of file and computer searches using Posse, Amanda, Prism SQL, Vandocs and VanMap software. Experience using these systems is essential for this position. This position will be required to provide backup for the Project Coordinators in the service centre and provide coverage in the phone centre.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by courses, or an equivalent of education and experience, in plan reading, the Zoning and Development by-law and Building by-law; additional courses in building technology would be an asset.
- A working knowledge of Posse, Amanda, Prism SQL, Vandocs and VanMap software.
- Ability to exercise considerable independence, decision making and judgement related to permit issuance.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with developers, contractors, consultants and the general public.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions in a busy environment and adhere to strict time lines for completion of tasks.
- Knowledge of construction practices and the ability to speak a second language would also be taken into consideration.
- Two years’ experience in general office and clerical work.
- Ability to keyboard accurately at 50 wpm with the demonstrated ability to enter information into a computer quickly and accurately.
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: 11/12/2019
Position End Date: March 31, 2020
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-019: $29.74 to $34.98 per hour
Application Close: November 17, 2019
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.