Integrated Water Services – Infrastructure Operations
Status: Regular Fulltime
Hours of Work: 80 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay: $44.82 per hour
Review of applications begins: 4:00pm on November 25, 2019
This position repairs, overhauls, and services all Infrastructure Operations machinery, mechanical equipment, parts and facilities encompassing wastewater, waterworks and landfill operations. This position provides mechanical expertise in performing both preventative and reactive maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment and machinery.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs mechanical work such as fitting, overhauling, servicing and maintaining machinery and equipment (e.g. tanks, valves, pumps, motors, generators, compressors, control systems, and other installations existing in sewage pumping stations, sewage treatment plants, water pumping stations and landfill facilities).
- Effects repairs and fabrication of parts.
- Modifies parts, equipment and machinery.
- Plans, projects, and performs installation of equipment and systems as directed.
- Assists design agencies and contractors in implementation of equipment, as required.
- Assists in processing and monitoring preventative maintenance and overhaul programs for Infrastructure Operations machinery and equipment.
- Liaises with Infrastructure Operations staff and trades on project initiatives and timelines.
- Assists in the maintenance of records related to the work.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Two Trade Qualifications required – Millwright (Industrial Mechanic) and another such as Machinist, Pressure Welder, or Heavy Duty Equipment Technician and 3 to 5 years’ post-Certificate experience. (***Single Trade Qualified applicants please see note below).
- Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) Certification, as asset.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Considerable knowledge of methods, practices of hand and portable shop equipment and tools, as would be found in a sewage pumping station, sewage treatment plants and waterworks operation.
- Ability to set up and operate machines such as lathes and milling machines.
- Ability to manufacture parts using precision equipment such as micrometers (inside and out), vernier height gauges, surface measuring indicators, vernier calipers, telescoping gauges, protractors, digital readouts, etc.
- Ability to use oxygen acetylene equipment to perform cutting, welding and brazing tasks.
- Ability to use various weld processes in fabrication, such as metal inert gas, tungsten inert gas, as well as shielded metal arc welding.
- Knowledge and ability to use chain hoists, slings and associated rigging equipment to effect safe removal and installation of equipment.
- Ability to evaluate performance of existing equipment recognizing operational and maintenance deficiencies and forward recommendations to superiors.
- Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and the required safety methods and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of the rules, regulations, policies and standards governing the work performed.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of skilled trades and technical tasks with a high degree of precision and accuracy.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions and work from blueprints, diagrams, sketches and drawings.
- Superior mechanical aptitude.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence.
***Single Trade Qualified applicants: Please note that consideration may be given to applicants with one Trade Qualification, Millwright (Industrial Mechanic), and 3-5 years related experience at the paygrade 16
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.