Quality Assurance Reviewer
Quality Assurance Reviewer
The Delta Police Department, one of the most respected police departments in Canada and one of BC's Top 100 Employers of 2019, is based in the richly diverse community of Delta, BC. Our core values of Honour, Integrity, Courage and Trust are the basis of our leadership philosophy and drive our commitment to the community. Every employee and volunteer with Delta Police Department is expected to be a leader by living our core values in all that we do.
British Columbia [BC]
Quality Assurance Reviewer (TFT)
Civilian Police Staff
Temporary Full Time
The Opportunity We are seeking a computer savvy, detail oriented, hard working professional to join our Information and Security Section in the Records Department! This position is to fill a temporary vacancy, however at this time the end date is indefinite.
Nature and Scope of Work
This is varied and moderately complex clerical work requiring considerable knowledge of applicable departmental functions, procedures, and policies. The incumbent reads police occurrence files, adds or obtains additional information from police members, and adds or corrects information in the appropriate police computer system. The work is performed under general supervision and work performance is reviewed by a superior in terms of conformance to established procedures, policies and maintenance of established standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of the rules, regulations, policies and procedures applicable to maintenance of Police occurrence files and records.
- Sound knowledge of methods, practices and procedures used in operating current data systems terminals, specializing in single or multiple systems, as required. Specifically PRIME, CPIC, RMS, JUSTIN and Intellibook.
- Sound knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada and other applicable Federal and Provincial Statutes enforced by the Delta Police.
- Sound knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Ability to ensure that departmental files and records are maintained in accordance with established rules, regulations, policies and procedures and to perform notification when file is deficient or to make corrections as required.
- Ability to operate computer and other office equipment, to prepare, process and maintain a variety of files, records and reports and to perform related clerical work.
- Ability to provide a variety of internal and external contacts with factual file content information in accordance with departmental policy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise initiative.
Desirable Training & Experience
High School Grade 12 supplemented by courses related to the work and considerable related experience in a Police Department; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Every employee with Delta Police Department is expected to uphold our Core Values. An enhanced security clearance (which involves several stages) will be part of the selection process. The clearance must be maintained throughout employment.
Hours of Work
0800 - 1600 hrs. Monday to Friday
$27.45 - $32.25 per hour
Posting Closing Date