Senior Manager - Health & Wellness
Westbank First Nation
Westbank First Nation
Senior Manager - Health & Wellness
Health Services SENIO01159
Posted: November 6, 2019
Westbank, BC V4T 2H3, CAN
Westbank First Nation is a self-governed band located on the traditional, unceded territory of the Syilx Okanagan people. At Westbank First Nation we operate just like any other municipality while constantly seeking ways to incorporate Syilx culture into our system of governance through perseverance, leadership, and community. All qualified individuals who are interested in learning more about Westbank First Nation are strongly encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Director of Community Services, the Senior Manager-Health & Wellness is accountable for providing leadership and strategic direction to assigned staff and programs in the areas of Health & Wellness. This position oversees department human resources related matters, training and development, program delivery and outcomes, financial revenues and expenditures, and ensures that departments and management are in alignment with the Westbank First Nation government strategic goals
- Oversees program operations including the establishment of strategic and operational work plans, program goals, objectives, success indicators and make changes accordingly
- Amends annual budgets and administers revenue and expenditures in accordance to the Finance Policy ensuring transparency and accountability
- Provides required reports to Health Canada, AANDC, and other funding agencies to ensure financial accountability
- Provides guidance and supervision to Health & Wellness staff
- Project lead on health specific projects: 5-year health plan, Accreditation, policy development, negotiations for new contribution agreements, etc.
- Negotiates, writes proposals, MOU’s as required; ensures that professional services are managed through compliance of contracts
- Submits reports to the Director of Community Services and Chief and Council as directed
- Develops and amends policies and procedures associated with Health & Wellness programs and services
- Provide leadership to develop and build capacity of staff through delegation of responsibilities and regular feedback; provides development opportunities and technical direction
- Maintains linkages with other Westbank First Nation community programs and services to create and support programs
- Recruits, trains, and supervises Health and Wellness staff; setting and monitoring performance objectives
- Participates in the Pandemic planning team and regional emergency programs/emergency operations center
- Data Steward (Senior Manager –Health& Wellness): The organization or role with legal and ethical accountability for the collection, use, disclosure, management and overall protection of data within their jurisdictional scope. The function with corporate responsibility for data/information authorities governing Panorama and the utilization of BC public sector information. The Data Steward is accountable for protecting personal information that is in the Steward of Westbank First Nation Health Services. Organizes training for staff as outlined in the training plans. (Policy #2-Page 9 of the Privacy and Security Policy and Procedures Manual).
- Acts as a resource in the area of Health & Wellness for other programs within WFN
- Acts as one of the main contacts for Mustimuhw community electronic medical record computer system
- Performs department gap analysis to accommodate WFN membership needs.
- Implements effective use of the WFN Community Plan and WFN Government Strategic Plan to continue to achieve the highest standard of program and services
- Maintain comprehensive department statistics and reports
- Represents WFN at various meetings, events and activities where required with external partners including ONA, Interior Health, Mustimuhw, Ministry of Child & Family Development (MCFD), First Nation Health Authority (FNHA), etc.
- Maintains professional development by taking courses and participating in workshops
- Provides acting coverage for the Director of Community Services
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality on all matters relating to the affairs of Westbank First Nation
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary in the performance of the position, and as assigned by the Director of Community Services
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor degree in Health, Business Administration, and/or related field from an accredited university
- Acceptable criminal record check with vulnerable sector search
- A minimum of 8 years’ demonstrated progressive experience within Senior Management roles
- Must have exceptional experience in developing and implementing strategic plans
- Must have experience in writing comprehensive reports on program deliverables and measurables
- Must have experience in evaluating programs and analyzing data to make logical recommendations and resolutions
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of professionals with ability to support and mentor when necessary
- Direct experience working with First Nations Community is an asset
- Proficient knowledge with computer software and other communications
- Previous strategic management experience in program and budget development
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Solid leadership and management experience
- Excellent ability to analyze problems, identify key factors and underlying causes and generate solutions
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and First Nation Health Authority and Health Canada programs
- Commitment to policies, standards, procedure, and code of ethics.
- Commitment to upholding values, culture, and standards of confidentiality
- Ability to adapt and practice in a culturally safe manner
- Have a flexible schedule with availability to work evenings and weekends.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with staff, co-workers, and management both written and verbally.
- Current Driver’s License with acceptable drivers abstract and own transportation
A competitive starting salary rate, commensurate with appropriate experience is offered.
Interested applicants should begin the application process by fully completing the MY PRESENCE tab, including the MY REFERENCES. Upon completion, click APPLY NOW, fill in the application form, and ensure your cover letter and resume is attached.
Opportunity is open until Sunday, December 1st, 2019
*Incomplete and/or late submissions will not be accepted*