JOB OPPORTUNITY – FULL TIME
(This is a Union Position)
Marketing SpecialistWe are seeking an energetic person for the full time position of Marketing Specialist. This is skilled and varied work coordinating the Department’s advertising and promotional needs. The Marketing Specialist works in conjunction with the Manager of Recreation and Culture to ensure the marketing needs of the Department are met, provides leadership to auxiliary marketing staff, facilitates and produces the Active Living Guide and supports the design and maintenance of the Department’s website.
- Works in collaboration with Department staff to prepare and implement an annual marketing plan for the department while preparing and working within the annual budget;
- Designs, produces and proofs major brochures and arranges printing and distribution to the community;
- Hires, trains and supervises the work of auxiliary marketing staff;
- Initiates, develops and produces all forms of advertising and promotion via all media while developing and maintaining relationships with all media and production companies;
- Coordinates and delivers photography opportunities and maintains an inventory of photos of all aspects of operations;
- Participates on the inter-municipal marketing committee and assists with regional projects where required;
- Works independently without supervision and as a member of a team;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Completion of a two year diploma in graphic design, marketing, communications, recreation management or related field;
- Minimum two years’ experience in a related position;
- Proficiency with InDesign, or similar graphic design and/or publishing software, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Word, recreation program registration software and other relevant software for website construction;
- Current BC Driver’s License;
- Current Emergency First Aid and CPR-C certification;
- Provision of a current Police or RCMP Criminal Record check.
35 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm (hours may vary)
$29.59 - $31.66 per hour ($2071.30 - $2216.20 biweekly). Benefits include Municipal Pension Plan, extended health and dental coverage, vacation and sick entitlement.
Please submit applications by 4:00pm, Monday, November 18th, 2019 to:
Job Application Drop Box, Recreation Oak Bay,
1975 Bee Street, Victoria BC V8R 5E6; or
Email to: email@example.com
Subject line in email should read 2019-88 Marketing Specialist
Please note: Only those selected for interview will be contacted