35 hours a week
Pay Rate 33 - $39.32 per hour - January 1, 2019 Rate
This is a CUPE Local 401 Position
The City of Parksville is an active community of urban professionals, families with young children, and retirees who have chosen to live in our community for a quality of life and the region's inspiring natural environment. Nestled on Vancouver Island’s east coast, 13,000 residents call Parksville home. We’re committed to being the city of choice for ourselves, our employees and future generations to come.
Reporting to the Manager of Information Systems, the Database Coordinator will design, develop and implement technology solutions to address corporate needs. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting enterprise class applications and database systems such as financial, property, GIS, SharePoint, asset and records management. This position will identify opportunities to improve operational effectiveness with technology and make recommendations to systems and business processes.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with municipal software programs such as land management, financial management, licensing, public asset & work management, etc preferably within a local government environment.
- Experience working with all facets of a SQL Server environment such as database administration, programming/query language etc.
- Degree in computer sciences or equivalent
Why join the City of Parksville?
We offer a total rewards package, which includes:
- A comprehensive benefits package supplemented with a pension plan
- An opportunity to apply for our Earned Day Off program
- Opportunities for career development and professional advancement
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with 19-38 Database Coordinator Application in the subject line by 4:00pm Friday, November 22, 2019.
The City of Parksville regrets only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
See the job description for full details.
City of Parksville | 100 Jensen Avenue East | P O Box 1390, Parksville, BC V9P 2H3
Phone 250 248-6144 | Fax 250 248-6650 | www.parksville.ca