Records CoordinatorPosition Status: Full-Time Regular
Department: Board & Information Services
Employee Group: Teamsters Local 31
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Our Board & Information Services Department is seeking a full-time regular Records Coordinator to complement our Records Management Team, which provides guidance and support to organization’s records management community and general users across the organization.
You are: passionate about records management, analytical, detail oriented, organized, adaptable and motivated person that enjoys working in a multi-functional team environment. You enjoy working in a busy and supportive office and can demonstrate initiative. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a can-do attitude. You have a considerable knowledge of the corporate records classification system and related information classification principles and procedures, and enjoy assisting clients with a wide variety of inquiries ranging from a folder review or advice on records handling in an off-site storage to providing advice and training to general users on their inquiries related to management of their records in the Metro Vancouver’s electronic document management system.
- Plans and coordinates the integration of client department records into the corporate records management system; ensures for compliance with records retention regulations; and runs regular reports related to security, access and retention status.
- Analyzes departmental work practices, workflow, and records requirements and recommends appropriate corporate records classification, retention schedules and security groups.
- Recommends and develops training materials; conducts departmental training sessions on the records management system; and develops and maintains user manuals and guides.
- Acts as a resource person and provides technical expertise, information and assistance to records management system users and departmental records custodians; communicates new procedures and standards to client departments.
- Participates in a variety of records management projects; carries out assigned segments of projects as assigned.
- Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by completion of a certificate in program in records management and considerable related experience; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of the functions and requirements of client departments and of the policies and procedures governing the work performed.
- Considerable knowledge of the corporate records classification system and related information classification principles and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of the methods and principles utilized in training users in the use and application of the records management system.
- Ability to analyze users records requirements, recommend procedures to integrate same into the corporate records information management system.
- Ability to make decisions in the light of established precedence and resourcefulness in meeting new problems.
- Ability to develop user materials and conduct training sessions related to the work performed.
- Ability to provide advice and assistance to user departments regarding the records management system and related records retention requirements.
- Ability to prepare, maintain and control a variety of records and to analyze and prepare reports on matters related to the work.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by November 20, 2019.