Recreation Program Assistant - Youth Services
Recreation Program Assistant
Youth Services – Part Time / Time Stated
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam!
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a
diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, creative and fun individual to join our Youth Services team assisting in the development, execution and evaluation of recreation services and programs. Duties are performed in collaboration with a supervisor within established guidelines, practice and policies with independent judgement exercised on individual aspects of the program. Supervision of the facility including guidance and mentoring of staff is required. Work performance is monitored and reviewed by a supervisor in terms of the effectiveness of services rendered. This is a part time / time stated opportunity that is anticipated to continue for approximately 18 months. The hours of work for this position are anticipated to include both evening and weekend work.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- Completion of six post-secondary courses in Community Recreation or a related discipline, three of which must be in the area of assignment (i.e. youth engagement, youth leadership, youth outreach, youth programming);
- Six Months supervisory experience or a post-secondary course in leadership and/or supervision;
- One year full time equivalent experience working with youth preferably in a recreation setting;
- Food Safe certification;
- Standard First Aid; and
- Valid Class 4 BC Driver’s License;
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact;
- We care deeply about the community we serve;
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform;
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves;
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed; and
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace.
The 2019 rate of pay is $27.69 per hour plus the incumbent will receive 16% in lieu of all benefits. The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online no later than November 15, 2019 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number #19-147e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.