Development Engineering Technologist
Development Engineering TechnologistEXT-19-49-2
- The City of Campbell River has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Development Engineering Technologist II or III to join our team.
- Put your expertise to use in this dynamic role and make a difference in our community.
- Receive a competitive salary plus a host of great benefits!
Working with the City of Campbell River
At the City of Campbell River, we believe our employees are the cornerstone of our organization and play an important role in creating and sustaining a vibrant, healthy and safe community for our residents. We strive to provide a respectful, collaborative and inclusive workplace where employees are appreciated and recognized for their contributions.
But don't just take our word for it, check out the many diverse reasons as to why our employees believe the City is a great place to work by watching our “At Your Service” video.
About the City of Campbell River
Located on Vancouver Island, the City of Campbell River was voted as one of the “Best Cities to Work in” by BC Business magazine in 2018. Surrounded by majestic mountains and spectacular views of Discovery Passage, Campbell River offers a rare combination of a welcoming small-town feel with large city amenities. From summer markets and events, to a very active arts and culture community, to year-round, world-class recreational opportunities and affordable housing options, the Campbell River lifestyle is unparalleled. It is no wonder that residents consider it one of the best locations in Canada to work, live and play!
For more info, check out our website!
Your New Role
We are seeking an experienced Development Engineering Technologist II or III to join our team.
Reporting to Development Engineering Supervisor and as part of an integrated development services team, you will work in a fast-paced and customer focused environment.
In either of these roles, your main responsibilities will be:
- Reviewing and approving engineering design drawings and reports for subdivision and development applications, including Building Permits, Major Development Applications and Environmental Development Permits
- Acting as File Manager for subdivision applications including circulation, drafting preliminary approval and final acceptance, and liaising with other departments regarding impacts or conflicts of applications received
- Building and maintaining effective communication and relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Reviewing and commenting on planning applications
- Performing field inspections and site visits
Our ideal candidates will possess:
- A two-year Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or related field from a recognized post-secondary educational institution
- Registration or eligible for registration as a AScT with ASTTBC or membership with other self-regulated professional associations
- For the Engineering Technologist III position – a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in the review and analysis, or design and construction of municipal works and services OR
For the Engineering Technologist II position – a minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in the review and analysis, or design and construction of municipal works and services
- Thorough knowledge of current relevant civil engineering principles and practices
- Sound knowledge of municipal and provincial regulations, standards, and practices in regards to land development and an understanding of the impact of development on municipal infrastructure.
In either of these pivotal roles, you will need to be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships, represent the City’s interests in a professional manner and be willing to contribute to maintaining a respectful, safe and supportive work environment.
For a detailed job description on these CUPE bargaining unit positions, please visit www.campbellriver.ca/employment
We offer a competitive pay and benefits package that supports the financial security, health and well-being of our employees and their families.
In exchange for your hard work and commitment, you will be rewarded with a competitive wage of $39.35 per hour for the Engineering Technologist III role or $35.12 per hour for the Engineering Technologist II role, based on a 40 hour work week plus:
- An opportunity to work with great people in a supportive, team environment
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Relocation assistance
- Extended health and dental benefits, and group life insurance
- Pension plan
- Employee assistance program for employees and family members
- 2 weeks paid vacation after the first year, and 3 weeks after the second year
- Social events – annual events and casual social get-togethers
- Long term employment opportunity
If you are looking for a dynamic working environment where you will be provided opportunities to continue to grow and learn new skills, then this is the right opportunity for you!
- To apply for either these roles, please submit your resume and covering letter, quoting Competition EXT-19-49-2 by email to: email@example.com
This posting closes at 4:30 pm on Friday, November 22, 2019
Human Resources Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Campbell River Website: www.campbellriver.ca/employment
301 St. Ann’s Road, Campbell River, BC