Arena Service Worker 1
The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Arena Service Worker 1
Job ID: 2019274
$26.36 to $31.00 per hour
Do you enjoy working in a service-oriented environment? At the City of Richmond, we all work together to deliver quality service. The Arena Service Worker is combined operational and janitorial work performed in a year-round multi-purpose sports arena. In this position you will be responsible for:
- Observing and recording refrigeration plant readings and plant checks regularly and reporting any problems.
- Janitorial duties such as change rooms, showers and washrooms.
- Cleaning ice with ice resurfacer and performing general ice maintenance.
- Minor rink board and gate repairs including advertising installation.
- Various maintenance duties such as changing fluorescent lamps as well as minor plumbing repairs on sinks, toilets and showers.
- Performing a variety of equipment operation and maintenance duties including changing resurfacer blades.
- Installation of ice and sport markings, maintenance of ice surfaces/ice thickness and removal of ice for dry floor use.
Your education will include completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, minimum of one (1) year of experience in an Arena supplemented by courses in ice-making and refrigeration plus some related experience. At a minimum, you have obtained Ice Facility Operator (I.F.O.) Certification of Qualification with the capacity to obtain Refrigeration Operator (R.O.) Certification of Qualification from the BC Safety Authority within one (1) year if you do not already have it.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
The City of Richmond offers competitive pay programs, comprehensive benefits, attractive incentives and a compressed work day schedule. For further information regarding position details and to apply, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment. You will be required to upload a current resume and provide any supporting documentation relevant to the position (Word format). The closing date for Job ID: 2019274, Arena Service Worker 1 is 11:59 pm, on November 26, 2019.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries please.