Abbotsford International Airport
CUPE, Full Time
At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive.
We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities, and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford currently has an exciting full-time opportunity at the Abbotsford International Airport for a self-motivated Duty Officer with excellent communication skills.
This exciting opportunity includes scheduling and coordinating the work of Airport Operations Specialists and contractors, providing guidance and training, and coordinating the maintenance and repair of Airport facilities. The incumbent must have a broad understanding of airport facilities and equipment maintenance procedures and practices, the ability to build effective relationships with staff, agencies, contractors, and tenants, and sound decision making skills.
If you are a team-oriented professional with supervisory experience and knowledge of airport operations, we want to hear from you!
This position requires the successful applicant to work shift work including evenings and weekends
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by diploma program in Airport Operations/Management or a Diploma in Business Management or an equivalent program from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Minimum of two years’ experience gained within the past four years performing various airfield duties on a certified aerodrome;
- Minimum of two years’ supervisory experience;
- Airport Rescue Fire-Fighting certification – CARs 303 and CARs 323;
- Class 3 BC Driver’s Licence;
- Restricted Radio Operators Licence;
- Basic First Aid with CPR;
- Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP); and
- Satisfactory Police Information Check.
This position is unionized, CUPE Local 774, and the hourly rate of pay is from $34.55 to $40.64.
If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to make an impact in a fast growing municipality, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please visit us online at: www.abbotsford.ca/careers
Closing date: November 18, 2019