Park Technician - Mechanical
City of Surrey
Park Technician - Mechanical
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
The Parks, Recreation, and Culture department is looking for a Parks Technician - Mechanical.
- Perform technical work in planning, coordinating and implementation of maintenance activities and renovation projects, related to the mechanical infrastructure systems within the City’s parks inventory.
- Use advanced problem-solving skills to effect on-site resolution of project related challenges.
- Possess thorough knowledge of applicable statutes and building code regulations
- Perform fieldwork in accordance with accepted standards, techniques and practices.
- Manage programs and projects within approved budgets.
- Administer contracts as needed to achieve desired outcomes.
- Supervise and perform mechanical/plumbing repair and replacement projects using such tools as soldering torch, pipe cutter, pipe bender, mechanical drain augers and various other small power tools, in compliance with approved plumbing systems within the BC Building Code.
- Restoration of parkland structures such as washrooms, waterparks, mechanical room components, water service chambers, storm drainage utilities and obtaining permits.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date maintenance and project renovation records and files.
- Perform hands-on field work in all weather conditions.
- Other related trade duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess one of the following:
- Completion of a Diploma program in Building Technology, Construction, Engineering, Relevant Trades or related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum of 3 years related experience; or
- Completion of grade 12 supplemented by a relevant Trades Qualification supplemented by 3 years of related progressive experience; or
- Completion of grade 12 and a related Technical Certificate Program (one year full time) from a recognized post-secondary institution with additional related academic courses including at least one credit course in each: supervision and technical writing, supplemented by 4 years of related progressive experience.
Related experience preferred will include construction experience in the field of mechanical plumbing. An acceptable equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
As well you have:
- A valid B.C. driver’s license with a safe driving history.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, including dealing with others in stressful situations.
- Strong organizational skills and be physically able to carry out the duties of the position as required.
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca