Financial AccountantCorporate Services Division
The City of Swift Current is seeking an individual to assume the position of Financial Accountant within the Corporate Services Division. This a permanent full time position. This position reports to the Manager of Financial Services and works closely with all Divisions and Departments within the City of Swift Current. This position is responsible for preparing, monitoring and maintaining corporate costing, budgeting, variance and forecasting analysis by collecting, analyzing and interpreting large volumes of data, investigating variances outside of tolerance thresholds, and providing financial recommendations to internal stakeholders. The Financial Accountant participates in the continuous research, development, improvement and implementation of effective strategies, tools and guidelines based on applicable legislation, policy, industry standards and best practices. This position also assists in the preparation of the City’s annual budget, in addition to participating in the annual external audit and financial statement preparation process.
- Professional accounting designation;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business;
- Three (3) to (5) years of experience, with a strong background in accounting, financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting and financial statement preparation;
- Previous experience with a public sector entity would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles, as well as legislation, regulations and standards governing general accounting practices;
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze, interpret and distribute significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time management, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Proficient with windows-based computer applications and financial software; and
- Willingness to obtain a Criminal Record Check and a Vulnerable Sector Check as we are a Youth Certified Employer.
The City of Swift Current offers a competitive compensation package including a full employee benefit package. The annual salary range for this position is $73,142.84 to $88,989.45.
Please submit a covering letter and resume including three references no later than 4:30 p.m. on Monday, November 18, 2019 to:
City of Swift Current
P.O. Box 340
Swift Current, SK S9H 3W1
Fax: (306) 778-2194
We wish to thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted