Integrated Cadastral Information Society
Executive DirectorVictoria, BC
On behalf of our client, Integrated Cadastral Information (ICI) Society, we are searching for a seasoned Executive Director (ED) based in beautiful Victoria, BC, to provide strategic leadership and operations management to the Society. This position will ensure successful delivery of Board of Director’s strategies and plans, enabling collaboration and positive external relations with and between Society members.
Reporting to the Board Chair, the ED serves as a catalyst, offering strategic insight, leadership and guidance to achieve the vision of the Society, and delivering value through collaboration and trust. Providing vision, energy and commitment to advancing the ICI Society and its business model, the ED works closely with its talented staff and stakeholders to foster cooperation, increase understanding, and facilitate collaboration toward a common goal-building collaborative networks to facilitate innovative, location-based solutions that support the economic, social, and environmental well-being of British Columbians. The right candidate will need to bring a high level of understanding and sensitivity of political and public policy issues related to the use and sharing of geospatial information in order to support a membership with different priorities and interests.
What are we looking for in an ideal candidate?
- A seasoned leader of resources and projects related to the business of the ICI Society, with intense curiosity and appreciation for geospatial information across the Province.
- The innate ability to deal objectively with issues without losing sight of goals; both strategic and tactical; and experienced at working amidst many levels of authority.
- A collaborative leader who enjoys supervising staff and contractors.
- A stellar communicator – both in person and in writing, and someone who is comfortable making presentations.
- Ideally, experienced at working with a Board of Directors, and savvy at accomplishing work professionally in this environment.
- An entrepreneurial and inquisitive nature perfectly suited to exploring new and innovative ways to market ICI Society products and services to a growing list of members throughout the Province.
Does this sound like you? If so, we encourage you to apply!
In particular, qualified candidates bring:
- An undergraduate degree in a related field (such as commerce, public or business administration, geography, land use planning) and ideally a post-graduate degree such as an MBA or MPA or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- At least 4 years’ recent, related experience in a senior position requiring significant strategic, leadership, innovation and financial accountability in areas like technology management, geospatial information management, land use planning, infrastructure management, and business development;
- Demonstrated success in working with a Board of Directors, Council, or Executive Team in a large organization with a committee structure (Board of Directors preferred);
- Experience managing people and implementing Human Resource policies and procedures in a customer-oriented environment;
- Experience working with varied stakeholder groups with different priorities and views, to develop consensus and collaborative working relationships;
- Experience in financial management at a senior level, managing budgets, forecasting, cash flow, resources management, and reporting;
- Experience in policy development and/or program development and delivery implementation;
- Experience conducting complex research and analysis related to geospatial information management, land use, resource management, infrastructure planning and management, or land development issues would be an asset; and,
- Experience working for a government organization or not-for-profit would is an asset.
About the Society
Located in beautiful Victoria, BC, Integrated Cadastral Information Society (ICI Society) is building collaborative networks to facilitate innovative, location-based solutions that support the economic, social, and environmental well-being of British Columbians.
ICI Society was incorporated in May 2001 and registered under the BC Societies Act as a non-profit organization, focused on building collaboration and cooperation between local governments, provincial government and major utility companies in British Columbia. ICI Society works closely with its members to provide valuable geospatial information and mapping services.
How to apply:
If you are ready to assume this dynamic role as Executive Director, then we welcome your confidential application, including your resume and covering letter, to: email@example.com.
Salary: Up to $115K plus an additional 15% benefits supplement, commensurate with experience.
We thank all applicants, however after initial acknowledgement, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.