Pipefitter (O&M)Position Status: Full-Time Regular
Department: Liquid Waste Services
Employee Group: GVRDEU
Location: Iona Wastewater Treatment Plant
Our Liquid Waste Services Department is seeking a Pipefitter (O&M) who will enjoy working in a multiple trade team environment.
You are: a professional pipe fitter with experience working in an industrial setting using all types of piping materials in all sizes from ¼ inch to 12 inch and larger.
This role: (The duties described hereunder are intended to be representative of the position and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.)
- Perform a variety of pipefitting jobs at the Journeyman level, such as: refitting and repairs to sulphur, dioxide and chlorine systems, alterations to existing piping systems and installation of new ones at treatment plants, pumping stations, etc.
- Measure, cut, thread and install steel, stainless steel, cast iron, pvc and other types of pipes and conduits, test same on completion of work.
- Directs work of assigned helpers.
- Insures that safe working practices are adhered to at job sites.
- Plans work methods and procedures following.
To be successful, you have: (Minimum to fill position.)
- Grade 12, plus Trades Qualification certificate. Ability to interpret plans and blueprints.
- Ability to work in enclosed and often dirty (sewage) areas. 'Provide own hand tools.
- Health certificate for watershed entry and valid B.C. Driver's License.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by November 18, 2019.